Oral health requires different care in each season of the year. Now that we are saying goodbye to summer to welcome fall, from Dental Clinics Group we want to dedicate this post to necessary care for this time of year.
At the end of the summer, the body's defenses generally drop and we are more prone to colds, colds and the flu. And, in these cases, many foods can help us compensate for this drop in defenses.
For example, the nuts (nutrients and fiber) or chestnuts. The latter are very rich in phosphorus, a very beneficial element for strengthening bones. They provide us with fiber, antioxidants, folic acid, potassium, iron, and B vitamins.
On the other hand, legumes and the large amount of vitamin B they also contain, contribute to making the gums and lips more resistant to the inclemency of autumn weather.
It is clear that the fall in temperatures typical of autumn encourages eating more hot dishes. We say the same about drinks. In the case of green tea, one of the healthiest options to hydrate ourselves, It contributes to enjoying good oral health due to its antioxidant properties. These minimize the formation of plaque and cavities.
Here is a list with more foods we can eat in autumn to enjoy a healthy mouth.
• Grapes: reduce the risk of cavities. Of course, take them out of the fridge for a little while before eating them to avoid tooth sensitivity.
• Apples: increase the production of saliva, a natural protector of the teeth.
• Pumpkins: they stand out for their high content of vitamin C, indicated for the prevention of any type of gum infection.
• Milk: calcium and vitamin D help strengthen bones and teeth.
• Mushrooms: contain vitamins of group B, niacin and folic acid as well as nutrients: phosphorus, iron, potassium and copper among others.
We also remember that sudden fall and winter temperature changes they can weaken the enamel and promote the appearance of stains on the surface of teeth. To prevent this, we recommend paying due attention to brushing as well as the other components of good dental hygiene.
The entire team of Grupo Dental Clinics recommends that you do not lose your smile due to a poor diet and that you enjoy the delicious delicacies that this season offers!
Choose the clinic you want to make your query and we will contact you in a very short time giving you an answer.
Remember that you also have us available on our usual channels on social networks or by calling each clinic directly.